Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ol' black water, keep on rollin...

Wave trivia...

I used to travel in snowstorms to get there. I showed up deathly ill quite a few times. I've worn sweatpants to it. I've made special tee-shirts to wear. I've been cheered and booed. I've thrown up after an evening there, more than once. I've won pants, shirts, beer, glasses, hats, coolers, bottle openers, nalgene bottles, and so much more. The Wednesday Wave Trivia has at least $1000.00 of my money...if not more. But now...it's different.

While I am not there to partake...the group still went to Wave trivia tonight to see how much it has changed. Jon just told me that by 2nd round...no one was even playing anymore. WHAT?! Sure, there were the few people that got too drunk to play 2nd round when we went but we got drunk enough to play harder, if that's even possible. I would show up and get the table...slowly the team would assemble. Ash and Dave would split a pitcher and I would get my own. Janette would show up late and dazzle us with a Canadian history or hockey answer. Anything that was science always went to Ash. I handled pop culture, Dave knew his Calvin and Hobbes. Then the then "subpar sexmachines" and "touch my teddy ruxpin" joined forces to make a super team..."Goblin Nutz". We took the night by storm. Goat, Jon, Brent, Tyler...well sometimes Tyler, knew sports and tech stuff and comics. We had become a super team. A team to reckon with. We had rivals in Joel Gillespie and Nick Holland and DJ and Sidney Crosby. Matt and Lennie knew that it would be a usual battle between the 3 tables. There used to be that random table of Breck and Frank and Rod too...but they gave up on it. Sometimes the "hockey girls" would show up and get lucky...but we all knew it was because of Brandy and Matt...just admit it Stewart...you gave those answers to your lady friend. Lennie would ignore my hand up for beer questions and I would get mad. Roger and Marvin would come up and serenade us with the usual mix of Uncle Kracker, Bryan Adams and The Band. Then Janette and I would be drunk enough to go get a "BURH-GAH" from McDonalds or the rest of us would stop at Subway or walk the Burger King drive thru. Those were the days of Kings and Queens my friends, those were the days...

6 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Wow, I miss PEI.
Good post.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Tay said...

That made me so happy and so sad at the same time. Damn, I miss those days...juggity jugs...popcorn.....music medleys...Heave Away, "come get your duds in order...."

Sigh.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger shan said...

I miss old PEI days...Old trivia days.
Matt...who are you?

Shawnte...be strong!! You gotta stop being so sad girl!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger jnelle said...

same here. i'm reading it while "with a little help from my friends" is playing.

tears.

i miss being a subpar sex machine.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger shan said...

Don't worry janelle...you'll always be a subpar sexmachine to me!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger jnelle said...

ps- that was matt ling who posted. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home