Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hot dog, I feel lucky tonight

Oh internet access....how I have missed you.

So...where do I begin? It's been days, weeks even. I left Banff and went to Calgary for 6 days since my last post. I hung out with Carolyn, Geoff, Craig and Rachael, met a new friend, shopped, drank, saw my very first NHL hockey game (GO FLAMES...IGGY, IGGY IGGY...OY! OY! OY!), skated at the Olympic Oval and then Danaca and Alissia came and we were off to Edmonton for 2 days in the west ed mall. No shopping for me as I was more entralled with the huge water park. I spend my day there playing in the wave pool and going down crazy water slides! SO FUN! I had a super time but we had to leave on Friday the 3rd of November for the big town of Ft McMurray. A six hour bus ride later, we arrived to a mini blizzard and cold cold temperatures. We had another hour long truck ride to our home away from home which is called Athabasca Lodge. We house almost 1000 people who work out in the fields. We also live here in the same building (wing 12 is the staff wing...if you are ever 49 km north of Ft Mac...that's my home). We have a pretty sweet gig, making 50% more money here, more hours, overtime availability, CABLE TV (with 7 movie channels), 3 hot meals a day (free fountain pop...chocolate milk..it's awesome), our own rooms, internet connections and it's all free for the taking. Sure I work a lot but it's totally worth it. People here are nice and I've made a good group of friends who let me come into Ft Mac with them. If only I didn't have to work at 6am this morning but it was all in good fun!!! So tired...need to daze for a good 2-10 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home