Saturday, October 07, 2006

And hit 'em up a tune called Turkey in the Straw

Well...let us continue the story from Monday. My roomate and I decided that this sounded a bit sketcky but funny none the less. So, we bought pantyhose, talked to someone on the phone completed the task and then he said come pick up your money in Calgary at the radio station. I still felt like this was kind of weird so I decided to call the radio station. They informed that we had been pranked by some perv who wanted to see us in pantyhose (as we had to take pictures). Good thing we didn't send the pictures. I totally was scammed. Good example of small town girl getting taken advantage of in the big city. Oh well...it's funny.
We went out Thursday to drown our sorrows -- well that turned into too many $1 vodka slimes and $2 shooters. YAY -- banff keeps my drinking problem in tact! We're having a Thanksgiving dinner at staff accomodation on Monday. Sounds like it might be really good. Sunday night, Danaca's parents are coming and making a big dinner and lucky me, I'm invited. Double YAY.

Oh and taking a note from Janelle...here's what I am thankful for...

My mom, dad and brother who let me know that I'm loved, even though I'm so far away
My friends from home who make me feel loved
My friends here in Banff who make me feel welcome
My friends everywheres else who are great company, sometimes too far away
My extended family who are rockin'
My health and home

That's what makes me happy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home