Saturday, January 06, 2007

A New Day...

Back at Athabasca now...ended up home for a total of 4 days which was perfectly fine with me. Travelled across the great nation with Joel and Adam for 4 days which was fun and landed with Katie in Lethbridge for a couple of nights. Bill picked me up in Calgary and we had a great night in Edmonton with a great couple of friends of his. Yesterday was spent retrieving Bertha from the airport and taking the always pleasant bus ride back to the home which is 49km's North of Ft. Mac. We opened a case of beer last night and bitched and laughed for hours, it's nice to be back. I am approaching this new year with such high hopes. I feel that since I left home I have become a different more honest person. I feel that I have matured and come in to my own. I have great plans for the year like travels and building a base for myself. I cannot wait to see what this year brings. And now to join the club

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?: moved to Alberta
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make ore for next year?: I don't usually make resolutions for myself so no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?: my cousin had beautiful little Maya and I just found out that my dear Kellyanne and Craig are due in August.
4. Did anyone close to you die? nope...thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit? United States
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?: A home...a new plan.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 25th...the day I moved to Alberta. There's bad ones but I am not going to focus on them.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Moving across the country.
9. What was your biggest failure? Probably giving in to something that I really didn't want to.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Broken leg to start off 2006.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A plane ticket.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Wow...my Tasha who showed great strength and bravery. Everyone who moved away, leaving behind the dreams at home and starting to live them. My brother who is amazingly generous and kind. My parents for pure understanding.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? They know who they are and I still hold hope for us all.
14. Where did most of your money go? HA. Bills, booze, 'berta (as in Alberta).
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Sexy Back....we're totally bringing it.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? happier, I can walk!b) thinner or fatter? yikes...probably larger. c) richer or poorer? richer happily!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?? Been happy.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? being unhappy.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? It's over but I spent it in Edmonton with a couple from work who were so kind to put me up and then Christmas day in the airport!
22. Did you fall in love in 2006? Nope, in lust a few times but no keepers.
23. How many one-night stands? hmm...next question.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy and Entourage and Gilmore Girls
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word but there is people that I am really disapointed in..to me that is worse.
26. What was the best book you read? Good In Bed...it was a good book.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? hmm...nothing new...I do love the Timberlake again.
28.What did you want and get? Guitar Hero
29. What did you want and not get? No idea.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? I can't think of "favorites" but I really liked Ricky Bobby ("shake and bake"), The Last Kiss was depressing but great, enjoyed DaVinci Code.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? My great friends threw me a surprise party a week before which was great and then Breck and I shared a birthday bash at his place where unfortunately Tasha blew the party by shattering her elbow, just kidding love!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A little more love.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? hmmm...I had some business casual going on...a little hippie ish at times. Comfort with style!
34. What kept you sane? Socializing
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Mr Damon of course.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Being here in camp the Saddam Hussein trial was huge news and then before that, probably the whole congressman (Mark something) who was sleeping with his intern.
37. Who did you miss? My family...Tasha...the group...Sarah...Katie...many.
38. Who was the best new person you met? The Athabasca front desk news team as we are called...Bill, Bertha, Ashlee, Aly, Dave, Alissia.....Danaca from Banff.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: I am ok by myself. I don't need the security blankets at all times that are my friends.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Reaching for something in the distance So close you can almost taste it Release your inhibitions Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins The rest is still unwritten" which is Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield and I heard it as I was leaving the Island for Alberta.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Oh, Guitar Hero. Not the same playing it alone.

I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home